Journalists arriving in Sri Lanka for media purposes are required to obtain an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) valid for 30 days at the Embassy.
- • An official letter from the media outlet with the purpose of the visit, the program, names and passport numbers of the journalists
- • Passport (validity should be more than 06 months from the date of arrival in Sri Lanka)
- • Duly filled Visa application form ‘B’ (Word, PDF)
- • Duly filled Electronic Travel Authorization Form
- • Two Passport size photographs (35mm x 45mm)
- • Return air ticket
- • Hotel reservation or proof of booked accommodation
- • List of equipment to be taken
- • Visa fee
- • Duly signed letter of authorization, if the documents are submitted through a representative together with the original passport of the representative.
Note: Please note that journalists require prior approval from the National Film Corporation of Sri Lanka (NFC) and signing of an agreement with the NFC if intending to film a documentary in Sri Lanka.