Foreigners arriving in Sri Lanka for tourism purposes are required to obtain an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) valid for 30 days. ETA can be obtained prior to your departure to Sri Lanka via http://eta.gov.lk, at the Embassy or on arrival at the port of entry in Sri Lanka.
Requirements for obtaining ETA Visit visa at the Embassy:
• A valid passport (with more than 06 months validity period from the date of arrival)
• Duly filled Visa application form ‘B’ (Word, PDF)
- • Duly filled Electronic Travel Authorization Form
- • Two Passport size photographs (35mm x 45mm)
- • A round trip air ticket
- • Evidence of sufficient funds to cover your expenses in Sri Lanka
- • Hotel reservation or proof of booked accommodation
Visa fee: USD 35/- when obtained online/at the Embassy & USD 40/- when obtained on arrival in Sri Lanka.
Visa applied through the Embassy will be issued within 04 working days once all required documents have been submitted and the payment made.
A visitor wishing to stay more than 30 days in Sri Lanka, can apply for a visa extension.
Applications for visa extensions can be submitted to the Visa Section of the Department of Immigration & Emigration (Head office) or through the online visit visa extension portal, https://eservices.immigration.gov.lk/vs/home.php
Applications may be submitted for extension up to 270 days. For information on visa extension fees, please visit, http://www.immigration.gov.lk/web/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=159&Itemid=203&lang=en
Penalties for overstay:
A foreigner staying in Sri Lanka without a valid visa will be charged US $ 500 penalty in addition to the visa fee.
COVID-19 related entry requirements: Please visit: http://www.srilankaembassy.ru/en/component/content/article/21-test/1266-tourism-travel-bio-bubble?Itemid=113 for COVID-19 related health protocols for entry into Sri Lanka.