Foreigners arriving in Sri Lanka for short-term business visits are required to obtain an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA). Business ETA can be obtained via http://eta.gov.lk or at the Embassy of Sri Lanka prior to the departure to Sri Lanka.
Requirements for obtaining ETA Business Visa at the Embassy:
- • A valid passport (with more than 06 months validity period from the date of arrival)
- • Duly filled Visa application form ‘B’ (Word, PDF)
- • Duly filled Electronic Travel Authorization Form
- • Invitation letter from Sri Lankan party or relevant sponsor (for meetings, trainings etc.)
- • Two Passport size photographs (35mm x 45mm)
- • A round trip air ticket
- • Evidence of sufficient funds to cover your expenses in Sri Lanka
- • Hotel reservation or proof of booked accommodation.
USD 55/- when obtained online & RUB 3,350 at the Embassy for 30-day double-entry visa.
Visa applied through the Embassy will be issued within 03 working days once all required documents have been submitted and the payment made.
COVID-19 related entry requirements:
Fully vaccinated tourists: Vaccination certificate in English (if not in English, an English translation is required)
Partially-vaccinated and non-vaccinated tourists: A negative PCR test taken 72 hours before embarkation or Rapid Antigen Test Report (self-swabs are not allowed) 48 hours before embarkation.