Foreigners arriving in Sri Lanka for short-term business visits are required to obtain an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA). Business ETA can be obtained via http://eta.gov.lk or at the Embassy of Sri Lanka prior to the departure to Sri Lanka.
Requirements for obtaining ETA Business Visa at the Embassy:
- • A valid passport (with more than 06 months validity period from the date of arrival)
- • Duly filled Visa application form ‘B’ (Word, PDF)
- • Duly filled Electronic Travel Authorization Form
- • Invitation letter from Sri Lankan party or relevant sponsor (for meetings, trainings etc.)
- • Two Passport size photographs (35mm x 45mm)
- • A round trip air ticket
- • Evidence of sufficient funds to cover your expenses in Sri Lanka
- • Hotel reservation or proof of booked accommodation.
USD 55/- when obtained online & RUB 3,350 at the Embassy for 30-day double-entry visa.
Visa applied through the Embassy will be issued within 03 working days once all required documents have been submitted and the payment made.
COVID-19 related entry requirements:
From 07.12.2022 entry requirements related to COVID-19 are removed. Tourists arriving via any airport or seaport to Sri Lanka do not need to produce a Vaccination Certificate or a negative PCR/ Rapid Antigen test.
However, tourists are advised to travel with their own insurance covering COVID-19 treatment and accidents.
If foreign nationals/tourists become COVID-19 positive after arriving to Sri Lanka, they should isolate for 7 days in a private hospital/hotel/place of residence. The cost of treatment/isolation should be borne by foreign nationals/tourists.